Sunday, December 2, 2012

PwC's $160 commitment to financial education


Earlier this year in Chicago at the 2012 Clinton Global Initiative America (CGI America) meeting, PwC US announced PwC’s Earn Your Future, a $160 million dollar commitment to financial education. PwC’s Earn Your Future will focus on two major gaps in the education system: a lack of financial literacy among youth and the lack of training opportunities for educators. The commitment will invest $160 million--$60 million in cash donations and one million service hours worth $100 million—in youth education, impacting more than 2.5 million students and educators in the United States.

Earlier this year I had the honor of experiencing their generosity at the Seminar for High School Educators on Business and Financial Responsibility at the Wharton School. I blogged about it while I was there. It was a first class event and one of the best experiences I have ever had.

Earn Your Future Be sure to take some time and visit their online curriculum. What is particularly impressive about it is how clean and easy it is to navigate through. I also included it as a resource in my LiveBinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment